Friday 26 February 2010

LOVE 4 HAITI @CARGO, WEDNESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY 2010

Pictures I took while I was having much fun at the 'Love 4 Haiti' event at Cargo last night.

The Love 4 Haiti street team worked real hard to make the night a success. Visit the website for official photography from the night & where you can buy the t-shirts: http://www.love4haiti.co.uk/












Abdul Shyllon kicked off the night with his band - I hadn't heard of him before, but after hearing his music I am now a fan. Refreshing soulful music & he's got an amazing voice too. The band were great !!
















Obenewa - I really wanted to see her rock live, and was really excited to see her perform. Did she put on a performance - yeah she did & she rocked it. Im now a supporter of her music on Twitter.
















Next up was Natty - He smashed it with the band that rocked. Natty was like 'I only re-hearsed for 7 mintues with them' and that was it. LOL thats when the crowd went WILD. Big up to Natty - feeling the last track he performed - he went into the ground roots it was sick.
















Shortly after...Zena came on stage and recited a spoken word prayer in Zulu. Its was really beautiful, I felt emotional as she played her instrument and sang in the words that were in the language. It was an inspirational moment.
















Soweto Kinch - The first time that I had seen him perform on the mic on the stage. He's just too funny haha. He came out playing the Sax - that was nice!!
















He performed the 'Hippo' song, that I never heard before and the crowd went nuts. Words from the song as I recall 'Stroke the Hippo' LMAO whatever that is supposed to be. Then he did the stage proud with his HAITI freestyle. With the crowds participation he asked the crowd to pic out some words using the letters to make the word Haiti. That was dope!! He was then joined by Jonzi D who blessed the mic with some spoken word.

















NOW for the moment I had been waiting for to perform on the stage Ty. He gave us a smashing performance, did his thing & rocked it. It was the first time I had actually seen Ty perform live & it was all that I expected it to be. He did an old cover, performed his new single 'Emotions' out now on Itunes, then he rocked 'Wait a minute' on stage. Loved every moment of his performance.
















Vanessa Freeman - This lady sang it out hard. She put it down on the night - loved her inspirational rooted words for the Haitian people.
















Kaidi Tatham - he put on a great show on the keys while the band (drummer) was going in playing hard. Loved the breaks and expressions that Kaidi provided it was pure fun!!

And Finally...Eric Roberson who just flew in like he took the plane that same day & decided to drop by to do his thing on stage. He sang 'Love' it was beautiful. I was mad excited, it was the 2nd time I actually got to see him live. The very first time was at Jazz Cafe a few years ago. I played some of his new music taken off his lastest 'Music Fan First' EP. You can hear it on my third episode of 'The D-Sew Show' http://dsewmusic.podomatic.com// I got a chance to chat to him at the end of the night - what a wonderful blessed man he is.
















and on the drums...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback